Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Diet!

I just realized I haven't posted in quite a while.  That's because I'm slowly adjusting to a new healthy eating plan, and figuring out recipes is a little time-consuming, so I haven't been cooking as much.  Here's a little run-down of what I typically eat, for anywhere between 1300-1600 calories per day:

Breakfast is almost always the same thing, because I'm too lazy in the mornings to actually cook.  I toast a slice of Ezekiel Bread, smear it with a little fat free cream cheese, either some Marmite or Sriracha sauce, and top with a fried egg, over easy.  If I have a little more time I'll have a fruit smoothie or a bowl of fruit salad.

Lunch is different just about every day.  If I have leftovers, that's my preference, but usually I don't (due to the lack of cooking lately), and a lot of the time, I eat out.  When eating out, I usually stick to salad (I love Jason's Deli's salad bar!) or if I'm eating at work before a shift, I'll have a white meat chicken sandwich and toss half the bun.  Today I had a tuna caesar wrap: A Flat Out wrap with tuna salad (tuna, teaspoon mayo, tablespoon salsa, celery and sweet peppers) and Lite caesar salad.  I've also got a broccoli salad marinating in the fridge for a pre-work snack (broccoli florets, walnuts, and dried cranberries tossed in a homemade vinaigrette).

Dinner is the tricky part.  Cooking a whole meal just for me is becoming tedious, and I only spend dinner at my boyfriend's house once or twice a week.  I did pick up some chicken at the grocery store today, and I'm planning to bake it with some salsa, shred it, and make it a few different ways over the course of a week.  I may or may not make a post with the recipe, but it's so simple I'm leaning towards "may not".

I don't like desserts, and my meals and snacks are usually the same thing (I will eat parts of one meal throughout the day instead of sitting down for three different things at one time), so keeping my calories low is pretty easy.  I realize I don't have many readers yet, but I would love to hear feedback about what sort of recipes you'd like to see me feature on my blog!  Even though I may not have much time for cooking at the moment, school is almost over, so I am storing up ideas to make over the break.

This Saturday I'll be at Pepper Place Farmer's Market around 9:00 if anyone would like to join me, and hopefully all the lovely fresh produce will inspire my next recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment