Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Diet Time, Folks

As I've been writing this blog, I've been much more focused on foods that taste good and are relatively easy to make, but I haven't paid much attention to nutrition and calorie content.  That needs to change.  Since I've been writing this blog, I've gained weight, and so has Scott, and with our upcoming vacation in December (Cape Town, South Africa!!!), we need to start paying more attention to what we eat.

All recipes in the future (okay, not all, but most) will have nutrition information included, and I will try to make everything much healthier than I have in the past.  That said, I will not sacrifice flavor.  I believe that food should be something pleasurable, and even if you're on a diet, you should be able to enjoy your meals.  There will be no poached-chicken-and-steamed-broccoli meals on this site, ever.  In fact, I am going to try to make all the stuff I would normally make, but find creative ways to cut the calories and boost the nutrients wherever possible.

So if you enjoy my blog for all the yummy recipes, but you don't need to lose any weight (I am looking at YOU, Crystal!), still come by and check it out, and I'm sure my recipes will cater to you skinny-minnies as well as we curvaceous more-to-love folks as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment